Sunday 16 October 2011

Welcome to Chris Budden's new blog

I have a particular interest in Indigenous rights, peace and disarmament, sexuality, racism, human rights, feminism, and the way we are shaped by a consumerist culture. I have started this blog so I can reflect on current issues of justice and how I think about and respond to these issues as a Christian. I am a Minister of the Uniting Church in Australia, serving in the North Lake Macquarie congregation in NSW (near Newcastle). I have a long term interest in justice issues, and the relationship between faith, theology and the Christian life.
I am a researcher in the Public and Contextual Theology Research centre at Charles Sturt University, and adjunct faculty at United Theological College.
I have previously been General Secretary of the NSW.ACT Synod, parish Minister at Adamstown and lake Cargelligo, justice staff person for both the Northern Synod and the Assembly, and mission person for the Hunter presbytery.

No comments:

Post a Comment